When it comes to home security, there is more than one way to keep thieves and intruders at bay. A solid security system involves more than just an alarm that goes off every time a security area is breached. Adding multiple enhancements in and around your home is the best way to add a multi-layer of protection around your property. Here are a few ways to protect your home around the clock.
Knowing who is around your property allows for early detection of a possible property breach. Monitoring who is driving up to your gate or requesting permission to enter your driveway is important for protecting your home 24 hours a day. Here are a few considerations to beef up security through monitoring:
- Adding a driveway notification alarm.
- Installing a communication speaker and keypad at your driveway gate.
- Placing closed-circuit TVs or cameras at your entryway with a DVR security replay system.
- Displaying a "Do Not Trespass" and security monitoring sign around your property's perimeter.
Monitoring the entryways to your property protected is the first step for securing your home and keeping your family safe.
A gate is the best way to prevent vehicles from gaining access to your personal space. Without a gate, anyone can drive right up to your garage or home and begin to seek access to your home and belongings. Choose a metal gate that is crash-resistant and cannot be easily moved. A gate that can only be unlocked with a special code or with your permission will help provide one more additional obstacle for an intruder to get past.
Your security gate can also be connected to fencing around the perimeter or portions of your property line. Common types include:
- Palisade- metal fences that are bolted and riveted into bars for secure protection.
- Welded mesh- provides a tightly woven fence that helps keep animals and people out.
- Stone and iron- The combination of stone posts and iron posts and panels can help make it difficult for an intruder to break through.
Adding railings that match up to your fence posts and gates provide more security and protection that could deter someone from removing large items from your home.
Your windows offer an open view for strangers and others who may wish to inspect your personal space a little further. Blinds, curtains and other window treatments provide their own sense of security that goes way beyond everyday home decorating and interior design elements. If a potential intruder can't look in and see what he could take, there is a minimal chance that you'll experience a break-in.
Using multiple facets to achieve the best home security reduces your chance of property invasion. Set up an appointment with a fence contractor like one from Bracci Fence Inc today to discuss the best options for your lifestyle and budget.